Aurora Counseling Services, Inc.
Who we are?
• Aurora was established in 2007 and is a mental health and substance abuse agency that provides counseling services to children, adolescents, and adults.
• Our diverse staff have 10+ years of service in the community developing new programs, specialized training in various disciplines and the ability to fill the voids needed
to assist our clients.
• Client centered and quality service. We strive to provide our clients with the best treatment with highly specialized staff.
What services we provide?
• Aurora provides mental health and substance abuse treatment through individual, couples, group and family therapy.
• Provide quality service to restore the fragile parts of our client’s lives that may have been broken through divorce, trauma, domestic violence and /or substance abuse.
• Aurora works with Medicaid clients, the Department of Corrections, and various families in the office or in the community.
• We seek to provide services that will not only improve the lives of others, but also see the community thrive
• Aurora wants to work with the schools, other community agencies in order to be instrumental in building a stronger community.
• Aurora wants to be like the quote from Mahatma Gandhi, “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
Mental illness according to ODMHSAS – Deputy Commissioner Terry White
• “We have decades of neglect to overcome and if we are not going to treat this like the crisis it is, then things will not change.”
• Click: http://oklahomawatch.org/2013/02/19/659/
• Click: http://www.koco.com/news/mental-health-study-ranks-oklahoma-2nd-to-last/24812202
Tammy L. Odom, CEO, BA, Psychology, MBA Generalist
15+ years in the mental health and substance abuse experiences. 6+ years as a homeless case manager in the Oklahoma City area.
Worked with various organizations to support consumer needs: Oklahoma City Housing and Finance Authority, local hospitals, NSO and other community agencies.
4+ years of experience as original founding COO of Aurora Counseling Services from 2007-2011.
Most recent accomplishments and accolades are: established and maintained policies and procedures for aurora, developed an organizational structure, and completed the CARF surveyor training in 2011.
3+ years’ experience as CEO, and looking forward to seeing Aurora further develop and be a sense of hope for the community.
Tafadzwa Munjanja- CFO – BA, Accounting, MSA
6 years working at Aurora and developing our accounting system and online data set up and created a more streamlined approach.
Handling all financials for Aurora including producing P&L, Balance Sheet, Income Statement and other general ledger data.
2+ years’ experience as Auditor.
Prepares profit and loss statements and monthly closings and cost accounting reports.
Compile analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and document business transactions.
Financial planning and monitoring cash flow.
Stella Angelidis- Clinical Director – BA Psychology, M.A., M Ed, LPC
7+ years of Clinical Director Experience and over 14 years of clinical experience.
Assisted with development of a new Co-Occurring Day Treatment Program.
Responsible for the group therapy topics, execution and scheduling.
Manage 30-employee department, including billing procedures and servicing over 60 clients.
Developed new policy and procedures for the department in order to comply with COA standards. (Council on Accreditation)
COA – Human service organization to improve service delivery.
Extensive review experience of all intake assessments, therapy notes, and treatment plans for each client in the program.
Debra Sigman- Therapist – BA Counseling, MHR, LPC
18+ years of clinical experience serving a wide variety of ages, ethnicities and diverse behavioral health populations.
Provide case management, group therapy, and individual therapy services.
Experienced in planning and development of organizational structures, community outreach and liaison experience.
Managed prevention and support programs with a concentration in areas of interpersonal violence.
Conduct evaluation and assessments for admission of Medicaid as well as private insurance populations.
Provide crisis intervention; conduct needs assessment to determine prevention requirements to develop treatment plans and goals for consumers.
Curlyn McDaniel– Therapist – BS Psychology, MS Psychology, LADC, us
3 years of substance abuse counseling. Completes assessments for Department of Corrections – Community Sentencing probation population.
Conducts individual, and family therapy and assessment of clients.
Responsible for intake assessments with initial diagnosis of each client.
Develops treatment plans and conducts treatment plan reviews for each client.
Michelle Vernon, BA Psychology, MS Psychology, LBP
Provide individual, family, and group therapy for children and adolescents in an inpatient unit. Assessment and the formulation of comprehensive treatment plans, and case management services.
Coordinator-Responsible for the daily operation of an independent research facility, overseeing the conduct of the
clinical research trials. Participate in the initiation and performance of research trials.
Ensure a quality standard of care for our patients by assisting them during the study and with aftercare. Manage a clinical staff including research coordinators, research assistants, and couriers.
Conduct the clinical personnel's performance appraisals and provide training and development of new clinical research
Gene Douglas– Therapist – BA Sociology/Psychology, M. Ed., LPC, LMFT
25+ years of counseling experience in individual, couple and family counseling in the following settings: hospital, jail/prison, and residential facilities.
Facilitated group, individual, and family counseling for children and adults. Groups included parenting class for adults and anger management group for children.
Concentration is on family therapy, individual therapy, hypnotism for various problems, use of multiple techniques and skills.
Conducted seminars in self-esteem, grief, stress, groups for smoking cessation and weight loss by hypnosis.
Qualified supervisor for LPC and LMFT.
Employment Opportunities –Aurora is currently seeking new staff. Apply today!
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability of Act demands that all HIPAA covered businesses prevent unauthorized access to “Protected Health Information” or PHI. PHI includes patients’ names, addresses, and all information pertaining to the patients’ health and payment records. According to the Department of Health and Human Services, “HIPAA Rules apply to covered entities and business associates.” Complete compliance with HIPAA guidelines requires implementation of basic and advanced security measures.
Aurora Counseling Services, Inc.